There are a few ways you can make this! It’s easy, inexpensive, safe for your body and painless on your pocket.
What you need:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp shea butter
- 1 tbsp beeswax or vegan wax (optional makes it nice and creamy)
- 1/4 cup baking soda ( or magnesium hydroxide if sensitive to baking soda)
- 1/4 cup arrowroot ( also good for making your own dry shampoo!)
- essential oil of choice
- In a double boiler melt coconut oil, Shea and wax if you are using.
- When melted, transfer to a bowl and let cool for a couple minutes then add the powders. Mix well and add about 20-30 drops of essential oil.
- Transfer to a couple reusable containers and let cool for a few hours or in the fridge a lot quicker.
This recipe is not an antiperspirant, sweating is part of your detoxification process. Please sweat!! The arrowroot powder and baking soda help absorb moisture and keep odours to a minimum.
The beeswax or vegan wax is moisturizing and helps to keep this natural deodorant in a more solid and creamy form.
Shea butter is also moisturizing and naturally anti-bacterial, it helps eliminate any bacteria that can build up under your arms which can cause odour and pimples.
Never use arrowroot and don't know what to do with the rest after? No problem we will have more recipes to come including a dry shampoo.
***Simplest version: You could use coconut oil at room temperate and mix all ingredients except Shea and wax and make it even simpler. coconut oil, arrowroot powder, baking soda and essential oil.